THIS SITE IS NOW DEPRECATED AND IN READ-ONLY MODE. REFER TO DOC.FREENAS.ORG FOR FREENAS DOCUMENTATION.
the System section of the administrative GUI contains the following entries:
- Init/Shutdown Scripts: used to configure a command or script to automatically execute during system startup or shutdown
- NTP Servers: used to configure NTP server settings
- Rsync Tasks: allows you to schedule rsync tasks
- S.M.A.R.T. Tests: allows you to schedule which S.M.A.R.T. tests to run on a per-disk basis
- Settings: used to configure system wide settings such as timezone, email setup, HTTPS access and firmware upgrades
- Sysctls: provides a front-end for tuning the FreeNAS® system by interacting with the underlying FreeBSD kernel
- System Information: provides general FreeNAS® system information such as hostname, operating system version, platform and uptime
- Tunables: provides a front-end to load additional kernel modules at boot time
Each of these is described in more detail in this section.